Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Home Tour - Not!

I pride myself on cleaning up as I go. Baking and cooking are neat and organized at my house. Well, this week I can forget about that. Sunday entertaining ran into Monday morning when I had to make two casseroles. Everything is clean, but everything is a mess. I made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti X2.

A new recipe takes a lot of concentration on my part and then doubling it. Yikes! I liked the recipe, however; I kept thinking I wanted to saute the onions and peppers even though the recipe did not call for that step. I was disappointed that I hadn't when we ate it. Next time I would definitely make the change. Always go with your gut instinct. The first time I make a recipe I try to follow it closely. I did use red peppers instead of green peppers, always do.

The second time I make a recipe I do my own thing. I have a bit of a reputation for changing recipes, being the know it all that I am. I am enjoying Pioneer Woman's new cookbook. Sam got it for me for Christmas.





A bright spot in a mess. Jodi brought me daffodils. I like to think there is always a bright spot in a mess.

I got a call last night for a Sunday lunch at church. Would I like to bring a casserole or two dozen rolls? I'll take the buns this time, thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! they bloomed!

Holly said...

I SOOOO wanted to give you that cookbook for Christmas, but didn't want to take away from someone's gift! Glad to know you liked the recipe.
As Tyler always says, "Mrs. Rylaarsdam is the BEST cook"!!! That should keep you going while you get things back to normal!!!

jkluginbill said...

Love daffodils! Makes everything cheery.

I never follow a recipe. Ever. Well...except baking. I just can't...sometimes I should though (I've been told!)...I just ordered myself that book since Troy had somethings in the Amazon cart I just threw it in as well (I'll make a note about the sauteing).

Les Hon said...

Doesn't look messy to me...but I'm the messy baker, and ugly turkey lady!

Janice said...

I ALWAYS follow a recipe and NEVER follow my instict - because I don't have one!! :-) It is what it is!!