Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hotel Review and Other Important Stuff

Hubby and I went to the city this weekend. We attended the Seattle Gift Show for the museum gift shop. This year I got a great rate at the new Hyatt, Olive 8. Lovely eco-friendly hotel, comfy king bed, super happy hour selections, however; the doors are thin and we heard our indecisive neighbor all night. They just could not decide if they should stay in their room, forgot a key every time they left and had to knock to get back in the room. Hubby thought there was a lady of the night in the room with customers coming and going. Plus the ice machine outside our room didn't help.

So, lovely but loud sums up my review.


In Other News-
*Max baked a cake last night, all by himself. I am so proud.

*We stopped in Edmonds and had coffee with Danny on Monday. He is doing well and we enjoyed the coffee shop Red Twig with him.

*The trend at the gift show for next Christmas was red and grey. It's okay but I like things a bit more festive at Christmas than grey.

*Smaller gift show due to the economy but a more upbeat feel this year than 2009. Could it be we have all adjusted to the new normal?

*If I don't clean my house soon the health dept. will shut me down.

*Sam has his 20th Birthday this week! I mailed him a package yesterday. Thanks Cheryl!

*After more than two months, Hubby is on days. It is so great to have dinner as a family again. Max is happy too, Mom is cooking again. Although last night Hubby BBQ'd the chicken and cut the fresh pineapple. I guess I am cooking with help.

*Thrift Store Wednesday...woot, woot, if it floats your boat.

*Enjoy the sunshine today!

3 comments:

Mindy K said...

I hope you enjoyed the jungle theme at the thrift store. I was called over for a photo. Rege music and all.

Does the Health Dept really do that? I'm in trouble.

Happy birthday Sam.

Janice said...

We stayed at the same hotel - isn't it funny we didn't run into each other?!?! We loved the hotel, it's sad how a room location and bad neighbors can put a bad twist on things :-(!

theSNAPsisters said...

yEa! Fred is off nights! Sent sam some cards. nice pics of rainy Seattle:)