Friday, January 8, 2010

Accountability Bites, Sucks and I Hate It


This is not going so good. I think the pedometer is broken. It doesn't go very high. Monday at boot camp I had over 3,300 steps. Wowza, getting to 10,000 should be a cake walk, I mean I had over three grand by seven in the morning. Woohoo, I feel good about myself, oh yay!

I had a lot to do on Monday, got busy, doing laundry, baking for lunches, vacuuming, running outside with the recycling and getting firewood. Apparently, I need a bigger house because there aren't enough steps to add up to ten grand.

Late afternoon I check my pedometer. I'm shocked and now embarrassed to write, still not at 4,000 steps. WHAT? I run upstairs and back down to make sure it's working. Yes, the pedometer is working. I'm not working, at least hard enough or my house is too small.

Ate less on Monday and Tuesday and then fell off the wagon. Did not put on the pedometer this morning. I just didn't feel like it. OKay? Back off. Don't get all judgmental with me Missy.

I'm at the crossroads. Do I just forget it for another year? Join Weight Watchers? Put the pedometer back on? Buy a wii Fit? Walk outdoors in the rain and wind?

I read a list of What If's yesterday. Instead of resolutions, everything on the list was written as a What If? instead of as I Will. What If I lose weight this year? What If? I like it.

Now, I could hit the delete button because frankly I don't HaVe to be accountable to you people. But I do have to be accountable to myself. I'll keep you in the loop, just to keep myself honest.

How are you doing? Be honest and accountable. Nobody like a liar, even if you are only lying to yourself...

10 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm hungry.

Les Hon said...

I'm hungry too...about to leap off the wagon into a bucket of DQ fries...considering the "What ifs"...

Big cost/benefit analyses going on here...

shelly said...

I have an idea! Are you writing down your daily step total? Maybe you should do a weekly step count insted of daily...especially when it's nasty windy/rainy. You can either play "catch up" or you could have steps in the bank for those days that you know there isn't going to be time for the quota.
Doin' good over here, everything hurts so obviously every muscle I have has been employed in the big project ;)

Holly said...

If you really want to fall off, I have brownies!!! Come on over!!!!
Just remember, there are no tears in Heaven and I don't cry when I'm skinny!!! So I'll be skinny in Heaven...I hope!!! As for now, crying all the time!!

Hannah said...

I'm with ya! I made hot lunch for Will's class today, chicken nuggets. Made way to many. So what did I do? Came home and ate chicken nuggets and chocolate chip cookies. Willpower not so good...

jkluginbill said...

I've decided, since I've been sick all year, that my year hasn't technically started yet. So, I'm doing GREAT! haha! One the plus side with this cold everything tastes gross - like salt (even chocolate) so I've cut way back on my intake, but my output has been non-existent. So, ya.

And I do recommend the Wii Fit. While I don't think you'll lose weight using just it, it is fun enough to get you moving even when you don't want to. I'm talking my guys into getting the second one...

Take care.

Julie said...

I was on the wagon for 2 days. Promptly fell off. I don't like being hungry.
Hungry sucks.

Janice said...

I've decided to ignore the issue until I'm done with inventory at work! I do know my only goal is to move more - I hate exercise, so I won't call it that - just move more!

Cindy said...

Started Monday and so far so good...so I'm now five days on track. The first three days are the hardest. If I can make it thru the first three I catch my stride. Eating better just feels better. As for moving...I'm trying a new program on my wii fit and it's given me a wee fit...so must get the 14 yr old to help me figure it out. I'm not giving up or giving in tho.

Anonymous said...

Keep up with it.. I need to get one of those pedometers..and an I pod I think music is good motivation..praying you will stick with it..

Erika