My dear friend, Shelly has a birthday today. I've invited her and her husband to stop by for drinks. You know, a cocktail. In the city that is just what it means- a cocktail hour. We are country folk. so, this is what stop by for a drink means...Have a glass of wine, a beer and snacks and then we are having a good time and you stay for dinner. Sometimes when I invite I have a plan or a tentative idea or sometimes my plan is to order out for pizza. Summertime is easy, I always have a plan and am ready because we LOVE friends and family on the patio.
Anyway, last year Shelly stopped by for a birthday libation and she had evening plans with her hubby. Pretty soon she called him to come over, then BIL Bill stopped by. Pretty soon I told Bill I was going to call my sis, Jodi, his wife. He thought I meant to tell on him for sitting around at our place. What I meant was to invite her to come over. Yikes, that guy! Anyway, the whole business ended up here and I had no plan. Eventually, I found something to throw on the grill and Shelly ended up having hot dogs for her Bday dinner instead of yummy dinner at the Cliffhouse with her hubby.
My point is (by now you must be thinking, for crying out loud, lady, get to the point) that Shelly is tons of fun and a sweet friend that can just go with the flow and have a good time. Really, the best kind of friend to have! Happy Bday Shell, stop by tonight and we'll see what happens.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Shelly! :)
Aunt Shelly.... I'll will be eating your cake for breakfast so HAHA :P
Hey skinny kid,
I'm still full from last night! It's better for you to eat that cake for breakfast. I was soooo good! Sadly, this chubby old lady needs to stop eating cake for breakfast. Orrrr,
mayyybeeee...hmmm...maybe I'll sneak over while you're at church and swipe the whole daggone cake!
Probably not a good idea.
Post a Comment