The word 'resolutions' can set me up for failure. The words 'diet & exercise' can set me up for failure. So, this is what I am working on this month. "Eat Less, Move More" (those words are also the entire contents of the diet book I hope to write and publish someday) is the goal. I can only do one thing at a time though so I am on an eat less. I am taking steps to make sure that I do this. I am journaling what I eat, counting the calories. I am drinking the EmergenCEE and taking a multi-vitamin everyday too. Drinking more water and green tea and taking it with fresh lemon to up the vitamin C. Trying to move more but not getting uptight about the exercise part yet. Baby steps.
Spiritual goals, I decided aside from any study I also needed to take time for a small devotion. While in Costco I saw a morning book and an evening book. I debated about what would be realistic for me. Decided on the morning, started for several days and then thought, "hmmm this book is thick, what is in the back?" Turn it over and there is the evening devotion book that I didn't buy. So, now I can do both. I also want to spend more time in prayer for my guys.
Housekeeping, I am going to take every last item out of our bedroom closet and put back in only what *fits, is still in style and things we actually wear. I'd like to do this with my hubby as kind of a bonding experience.
I am also going to try to read more memoirs, literature as opposed to chick lit, and some nonfiction.
I am also trying to cook differently, lighter, and try new things. I've been shopping the outer perimeter of the grocery store. We eat fairly healthy, fruits and veggies are easy for us, but just cooking lighter.
And lastly, have some fun! Hey, I needed a gimme.
*fits my body, not necessarily what fits in the closet. Just wanted to clarify.
OK I am trying, things happen and this happened Saturday night. Chocolate molted cake. It was terrible. Really.
7 comments:
Eat Less... Move More!
My goal for the year too.
I think that you can get that somewhere on the perimeter of the grocery store! I am sure of it!
Do you want to read Eat, Pray, Love when I am finished? It is really good. I am trying to read some *different stuff as well...but anything by Meg Cabot is fair game (and Sophie)!
Did you watch Oprah???
Just another thought...on the perimeter of our local stores is located...the bakery! TADA! Does that make it health food.
I am here to help!
i love cake.
I'm not eating anything processed. All of my food will be organic, and local...in fact...I think I'll grow all my own food. Do you know where I can buy cake seeds? I like chocolate best fyi.
What was the best dessert I have ever tasted -in my life! The last sweet I ate since the start of my new "eat less". It will be fovever on my mind - hopefully not forever on my hips.
Post a Comment