Saturday, January 26, 2008

Check it off the List

You may remember that in my goals for the year I wanted to clean out our closet with my hubby. This morning, inspite of not really being in the mood, we dug in. I have had some issues this new year with not having the "declutter, reorganize buzz" that so many fellow bloggers and friends seem to have. Even the media and retail are against me, advertising and selling organization tools. Anyway, we did it. I feel so good to have it finished. It was ruthless and we kept each other accountable. This may be too much information but I completed the task in my underwear. I tried things on. We laughed, I cried. We keep all the cards and letters we have sent each other. Didn't read all of them but the stack makes me feel loved and makes me realize how many occasions we have had together.

My wedding shoes and lingerie

I am not sure what occassion demanded this torture but I like the idea that I fit in it.

I kept the 'patio only' two piece, please do not stop by unannounced in the summer, it's not pretty!

Garbage and thrift store...pretty good huh? Oh, and my levi's fit again. Glad I kept them. Somethings will never fit again. I probably shouldn't have worn them in the first place.
Oh and can you guess which room will be on the home tour next week?

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Yeah You! That is quite a lot of bags...I didn't think you could possibly have that much in your really tidy room...Hmmm...I hate to see what could come out of mine!

I like the 'patio only' two piece. I am so showing up unannounced! :)

Shelly said...

Very impressive missy. Eating less, moving more, cleaning closets..good grief...would ya knock it off already?

Anonymous said...

Bill is not allowed to help me get rid of stuff -he goes through the pile and wants to keep things.
I assign him other jobs.