"Oh Yes, it's ladies night, and Ohhh what a night..." three friends from high school and myself have been celebrating the Christmas season together for years. In 1983 we decided to go for dinner and exchange gifts. No hubbies or kids. Sheryl, Shelly, Doreen and I have hung onto this tradition for 24 years. The evening plays out the same every year, we start at someone's house and have a champagne cocktail and a little photo shoot. And yes folks, these photos are fun to look at through the years. We have the year where Doreen and I are both pregnant and wore the same dress, that was cute. We have the year of the terrible snow storm and had to stay in Lynden. We have had people at other tables ask to be moved away from our table. We have been asked to leave the restuarant. Why? Because we are all talking at once and laughing a lot.
Once I know I am going to Giraffe I think about the crab, papaya, butterleaf lettuce, wonton salad for days..mmmm.
Last night we went to our favorite-Giraffe in White Rock. Jamie looks forward to our visit each year (or atleast he pretends to be happy to see us) and since we are foodies it is the place to go. YUM! We end with "the graze"- it is a sampling of their desserts and everyone gets a spoon.
Tonight we have our family party at my folks. My sis Kathi and I are planning a fun little surprise so I need to get that ready and then get to Safeway and start cooking. The festivities are really getting going now, so have fun and hang on!
2 comments:
Looks like fun and no one is wearing matching clothes! :) I love Giraffe - yummers! What a fun tradition!
I want a do-over since my tastebuds were hazy...sure is pretty though.
Post a Comment