Every January I begin the Eat Less Move More campaignbattleresolutiondietathon. It's the wood stove, the cookies, the family dinners, the wine, the appetizers, the chex party mix that get me every holiday season. By the way I don't eat the wood stove but I do lay, lounge and sit by the fire rather than walk or run. So, here I go again filled with good intentions, ambition and lofty goals.
Whatever fattening food and goodies that were left in the house I gave to Sam and Max yesterday. They were happy and I have less temptation to finish things. I'm a Dutch lady therefore I do not waste. Ever.
So much to motivate me this year. I can't share all of the trip itineraries just yet because you'll hate me. I do have several sunny vacations in 2014. How many is several, well, it's more than two. Don't be a hater.
And of course, I am on the wedding diet. Sam and Angela are getting married in 2014. I don't want to be filled with regret every time I go through that photo album.
Are you on an Eat Less, Move Move this year? Do tell. What works for you?
I have taken down five Christmas trees and have one to go, a small one. Whew. That was a whole lotta fun being on the Christmas Homes for the Holiday Tour but no one tells you just how grueling the take down is going to be. I am resolved to finish today.
Our guys were all home for Christmas and it was fun. The best pictures were of the kids in their pj's sitting by the tree but alas I was told I couldn't share them.
Sam was the BiG winner of left,center,right at my folk's party. The winnings are a nice addition to the wedding fund.
Christmas morning brunch after church and then opening gifts was pretty traditional. Christmas Eve eve a new tradition began. I love adding new traditions to the mix.
Now the guys are all back to their homes and Hubby and I will settle back into the empty nest routine beginning today.
In between all of the fun and frivolity there were funerals, flu and an oral surgery.
But overall, it was about the best Christmas ever. It always is.
2 comments:
I've had it backwards all these years...been eating more and moving less! The big "50" is looming for me this year so I'm on the bandwagon with you. How did I get to be this old and this fat at the same time????
What's the new Christmas Eve tradition? you left me hanging on that one!
LOVE that baby picture...what a pup!
Oh! I need to eat less, move more...my adventure in the sun is almost too close for anything to be accomplished, but I will feel good for trying at least...
And again...your table settings ROCK! The red and aqua? My DIL will want to see that!
Post a Comment