Unless you're living under a rock you know the BiG football game is on Sunday. The Super Bowl, which no one is allowed to say or use anymore. The BiG game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos. Of course, we are Seahawk fans.
Hubby has been making kettle corn here for many years. I was given the whirly popper at one my bridal showers by my Aunt Shirley. It makes the best popcorn and works great on the camp stove.
This morning Hubby is home and I got the bright idea to pop up some Seahawk kettle corn. Kettle corn involves the magic of salty and sweet. Salty and sweet snacks are my favorite.
Seahawk Kettle Corn
You'll need a whirly crank popcorn popper or a pan on the stove like Grandma used to do will work too.
Ingredients:
Scant 1/4 cup oil
Scant 1/2 cup popcorn
1/4 cup sugar* just use white sugar for regular kettle corn
Salt, we just grind some sea salt into the popper, guessing about 1/2 tsp or less
I had green sugar cookie sprinkles in the house so we used those for the green sugar.
For the blue I measured 1/4 cup regular sugar into a small bowl and added 5-6 drops of blue food coloring and mixed it through the sugar.
Isn't it pretty? Go Hawks!
Pour the oil in the popper, add popcorn, sugar and salt.
Have your stove top HoT and get ready to crank. FAST. Don't let up or it will burn,
Crank fast, I'm not kidding. Well, actually have your hubby crank, fast.
When the popping lets up be ready to dump it FAST to prevent burning.
Jump around the kitchen when your experiment actually works. WooT!
The green sprinkles turn out brighter than the home dyed sugar.
Mix your green and blue kettle corn and settle into your lucky chair for the BiG football game.
Later I'll be sharing one more recipe for game day. Even if you aren't a football fan everyone is a fan of the food on Super Bowl big football game Sunday. YUM!
*I am not endorsing anything on this blog.
I do not approve of anyone making this recipe using orange sugar.
Go Hawks!
No comments:
Post a Comment