Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Repurposed Hunting Trophies

While at our local consignment shop, (cheers for the Picket Fence) last week I found a desk organizer.  It included antlers and pieces of the stained wood you see below.  It was broken and I was given an additional discount.
The decorating world is being inundated with faux animal taxidermy and I wanted to jump on that trend without actually hurting any animals or my bank account.
Its being broken wasn't an issue as I had no intention of using it as a desk organizer.
I tapped softly with my hammer and the antlers came right off.
I purchased two wood pieces at a craft store.
 I gave them a coat of paint, then sanded some of it off.
I used a bit of superglue type product to attach the antlers and voila!
 Now I can't decide if they are wall worthy or if they look like a $6 recycle/reuse/repurpose project.
Be honest.  Wall worthy or not?

3 comments:

Les Hon said...

I vote yes! Girl! You are so clever!

Holly said...

Very cute...but so not you!!! Are these going upstairs? I need to know the plan before I can totally commit to a yes or no !!!!!!!!

Vicki said...

I vote yes, but then these are SO very "me".