Vern and Shelly hosted main course at the farm. We sat in a boxwood walled garden room off the kitchen. Shelly used old canning jars filled with purple and violet hydrangeas and candles. They were hanging from galvanized piping planted in big pots of lavender with crystal butterflies and flowers twisted and vining over the piping.
The dinner table was set with Shelly's Mom's Lily of the Valley china with purple glass accents.
The menu place cards were wrapped around our silver and purple napkins and then tied with a pretty polka dot ribbon. The menu read as follows:
fresh green pea soup with grape salsa, apple and arugula salad, prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin with blueberry-balsamic sauce, mashed sweet potatoes with lime chipotle topped with zucchini blossom, oven roasted vegetables... fennel, asparagus and haricot verts.
I love to see the barn and the silo in the background of the photos. A sweet reminder of the farm and the farmers, where we all get our food.
Hubby and I were relaxing, our course is finished and all that is left is to enjoy.
The pea soup with grape salsa was delicious and so pretty served in a Lily of the Valley china teacup.
Their main course was gorgeous, it makes my mouth water to see it in the photo. Stuffed zucchini blossoms are labor intensive and pretty. The lime chipotle sweet potatoes had a spicy kick that went beautifully with the tender pork. Everything was so delicious.
Hops were twined through the center of the table's centerpiece for an added depth.
I loved the dripping candles and the wax falling on the hops.
As we dined, laughed and visited at the farm the Summer light grew dim I could see a glimpse of my favorite, Fall light, to come in the next season.
The quote on the menu cards sums it up for us.
"let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom" -marcel proust
Dessert will be posted early afternoon today.
Dessert will be posted early afternoon today.
4 comments:
More loveliness...
And I love the photo of the fall light in the wine glass -- beautiful!
Aww Tami! You wrote it up so pretty...you brought a little tear to my eye. Thank You!!!
Holy Moly...gorgeous! Again, you all know how to do things right!
Shelly...may have to put you on canning jar duty for the wedding!!
Tami...I see that fall light coming too...can't wait!
Wow, Truly stunning. I love you tradition and am amazed at all the talent and TLC in every detail. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie D.
Post a Comment