.jpg)
Yesterday I took my Mom shopping to the Seattle Premium Outlets. We had some good shopping and some fun. My Mom used to go shopping with her friend, Marge. You know how you have some friends you can shop with and some that you can't. Different tastes in fashion and stores just make it hard to shop with some friends. But my Mom and Marge liked to shop together. They also enjoyed many trips to Hawaii together. Marge had breast cancer and did not survive. I can tell somedays that Mom really misses Marge.
Mom and Marge had breast cancer in common too. My Mom is a survivor.
I got home from shopping, picked up the mail. I got a letter from my cousin, Nancy. Her sister, Lissa has breast cancer. Nancy is going to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk for the cure in Seattle. Lissa is the first one of our generation in my immediate family to have breast cancer.
If you would like to support their team, you can donate here.
I come from a family with breast cancer. Great aunts, moms, cousins, aunts, it seems no one is safe. It's easier to count who hasn't had breast cancer than those who have in my Mom's family.
Trust me when I tell you I try not to think about these genes. But I do have a yearly mammogram. I encourage all women to take care of the girls and get the mam! Make your appointment today. It'll make me feel better. Thanks-
7 comments:
As soon as I saw "ta ta's" I knew you were talking about boobs!!!! So sorry to hear that it's now haunting your generation. Praying for a recovery.
As to the chicken...I must bestow a jar upon you and you will know why I do it. AMAZING!!! Just sayin!
Very, very convenient!!!
See you tomorrow night!
Just got my reminder, and was thinking about skipping the mam this year...But now I've changed my mind.
Need to make a phone call...Thanks for the admonishment.
My sister & I are walking in Portland in May to Save the Tata's or my new favorite saying from the hat I just bought for the walk "Holy Shit, Save the Tits"! ;) We need to grab everyone's attention on this subject matter. Blessings that Your Mother Survived!!!
Sam, aren't you glad you read this post?
I'm 40 now, is it time for me to do this?
I miss shopping with Mom/Marge too :(
Hubby loves the save the ta~tas campaign.
Got the letter - totally supporting them. Go Nancy and Lissa!
Post a Comment