Saturday evening Hubby and I went to a wine tasting at Samson Winery. Our friend Scott invited us to the tasting, and Shawn and Jannette invited us to their house for an after party. It was intergenerational(Ad's made up word) as Adelene told us. A common denominator was Adelene. She had been everyone's high school teacher except Hubby. He's not from these parts.
I took this photo through the window, I went back for my camera and everyone was listening so carefully I had to take the shot.
Our teacher on Saturday was Dhar, one of Sam's sons. I learned a lot. Sorry Ad, but I think I prefer studying Wine Tasting over Spanish or English classes.
Our host Scott and his class mate, Heather. I think they learned more on Saturday night than they did in high school.
Duane was my classmate, Kay is Scott's sister, my Hubby and Scott, who is reacting to some smart comment made by Hubby.
This spoonful of crazy goodness made me want to weep a little. The chocolate with hazelnuts, sea salt and olive oil served with Samson's Oro was perfection. Oro is Samson's dessert wine made from locally grown hazelnuts.
Shawn and Jannette invited us to their place for the afters party. They could teach the class on Hospitality, wonderful hosts! Delicious food presented beautifully and a cozy home made for a perfect finish for our evening.
We felt so blessed and spoiled the entire evening. Good friends, food, wine and lots of laughs. And yes, the Eat Less, Move More went out the window. It was worth it!
2 comments:
We had a great evening with friends this weekend too! Delightful! I'd LOVE to have the cheesecake recipe - and yes a class sounds good too - we could use my kitchen! I'll have to tell Jeanette at the bank today that we have her scheduled!! :-)
Please sign me up too! My cheesecakes never look that good!!!!Not that we ever get around to sharing, but maybe if they looked like that I would!!!
Thanks for hosting Tyler yesterday. He informed me that the M&M's didn't all get there. How about the cookies? Anything else make it???
Post a Comment