Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Local Sting Operation

It began on Sunday as we were getting ready to go to church, we were, of course, all in the bathroom, our only bathroom. Hmmmmm or should I say buzzzzzzzzz, there seemed to be several hornets/wasps/bees/yellow jackets in the bathroom. Suddenly there were more than several, there were a lot of them. More like a swarm. Hubby went to buy spray instead of going to church. We felt we had control of the situation.
Not so.
On Monday we determined that they were coming in from the light/fan. We blocked their entrance from outside. More spray, more killing.
This morning I killed, showered, killed, brushed my teeth, killed, dried my hair, killed, put on mascara, killed...you get the idea.
Today at 4:00 p.m. we admitted defeat and called Biobug. The last two days when I come home from work I kill 100-150 bees (let's just call them bees even though I think they are hornets). That is a lot of bees. We spray, swat and vacuum and they just keep coming.

Not really in the habit of sharing pics of our toilet bowl but I want you to feel like you're here. I want you to feel my pain.

Biobug is very busy and they won't be here until late afternoon on Wednesday.
BEE AfRaId.
Oh, and remember how clean my bathroom was on Saturday? Well now it has bee guts and parts everywhere! Grrrrrr...

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh! I would be staying at a motel, I really would. I am so sorry for your troubles, I hope all is well soon!

Janice said...

That is amazing - I've never seen anything like it!! Hopefully no one is allergic to bee stings!! Hey - would there be a honeycomb somewhere for "Martha" to do something with?? :-)

jkluginbill said...

Oh my a hornet swimming pool...

Reminds me of Troy's office a few years ago...how he worked with all those fellas is beyond me.

Melinda said...

Oh,my! Are you covered in bee stings?!?

Kelly said...

What in the world? Where are they coming from? That is just crazy.