Sunday, August 2, 2009

It May Be Too Hot for Mock Whipped Cream

My friend Shelly had a birthday today. I thought I'd make her the birthday cake and bring it over. She had house guests and was celebrating poolside. So, I baked my usual chocolate cake with mock whipped cream frosting. Baked and chilled, well, maybe not chilled enough. But still pretty chilled. I turned out of the driveway and watched the top layer slide right off onto the seat. insert bad word hereTurned around, went home, fixed the cake, cleaned the seat and tried again...

I also brought rhubarb punch to share, with a change, I added prosecco instead of Sprite. Yep, it works.
Happy Birthday Shell!

5 comments:

theSNAPsisters said...

ooo thats a bummer. but i bet it tasted good!

Meagan said...

Was it harder to clean up than half-n-half or spilt yogurt?

shelly said...

Ohhhh...it was good...and of course still pretty with pink sparkles ;)
Thanks for the yummy cake and for helping me turn the big five ohhhh...it was fun!

jkluginbill said...

Ah dang! The cake...falling apart and all...still looks good. GREAT even. :)

Happy Birthday Shelly!

Janice said...

Ok recipe time again! I want the recipe for the cake and the frosting!! Such a good friend you are - I might have just gotten out a fork and eaten it right off the seat myself!! :-)