I went to the farm and got a lot, maybe even a bushel, of rhubarb this week.
I froze some for pies, made rhubarb muffins and froze three batches of punch. My Mom makes rhubarb punch and everyone loves it. Even those BILs that hate, despise, won't come near the stuff, rhubarb. I'm not sure Mom has told them that it's rhubarb. Hee hee.
The color is a very pretty pink, perfect for a bridal or baby shower. Nice to have it in the freezer, ready to go.
Rhubarb Punch
5 c. cut up rhubarb
1 quart water
12 oz. frozen pink lemonade
1 1/2 c. sugar
64 oz. 7-up or Sprite
Cook the rhubarb and water until rhubarb is mushy; strain and add sugar and lemonade. Pour into a container and freeze. When you are ready to serve, thaw for 2 hours and add 7-up. Delish!
4 comments:
I LOVE rhubarb. My mom makes a punch...it is a bit different as she loves her limeade, but close to the same. My brother doesn't know it's rhubarb and drinks it and I laugh! :)
Don't drink the punch!
Where did you get it - I want some! I have a great rhubarb bar recipe with a cream cheese frosting - you share your source for rhubarb and I'll share my recipe!! :-)
How about the recipe for the rhubarb muffins? The look delish.
Post a Comment