Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Going NO Where

To go No Where we did have to first drive to the Blaine Harbor. A very pretty harbor with beautiful hanging baskets, parks and plants.

Once we were on the dock we were on the lookout for Sheryl's boat, where we planned to spend the day onboard going No Where. It was perfect. The weather, the boat, the laughs, good food and friends were all great.

Sheryl and Doreen got busy in the galley. (Notice I didn't say kitchen. I learned some boatingese, 'port, starboard, aft, salon, galley, head'.)
I pretty much know it all now. Watch out yachting world, here I come.

That's a joke. We all know boats are fraught with DaNgEr! I'm not keen on leaving the dock.

Doreen and I are not boaters, Sheryl and Shelly are boaters. They know boating etiquette, such as to run out and help another boat tie up. They are comfortable on a boat. Dor and I, not so much. It's the motion, the dangers and all the rules that we don't like, so we are happy tied up at the harbor.

Sometimes we did pretend to go somewhere, but don't worry, we went No Where.


We may be going No Where on the 4 My Girls, but we're all still going places in life! Here's to fifty!

Cheers!
Next I'll share a boating recipe, just like Ina Garten does on her show.
Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Janice said...

50 looks fahbulas on all of you!! What fun - although - I would've loved to go somewhere in that beauty!! This day's events needs a mini scrapbook of it's own I'm sure!

jkluginbill said...

So much fun! Going nowhere is the best (especially with good friends and food!). :)

Holly said...

Could you reserve the boat, friends, drinks and food for my
50th? Looks like you had a blast! Happy Birthday everyone!!

Becky L. Beck said...

What an awesome day for a Boat Ride.... I'm wishing I was along with you; for now I will pretend from behind a desk looking out at the Safeway Parking Lot... isn't that a fantastic vision?

Melinda said...

Not a bad place to hang out. I'm not sure you could handle leaving the harbor....too scary. :)