Was she offended? Probably not. My Mom was always on a diet. Counting calories, going to TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) meetings, journaling her food and so I must have thought this mug was a good idea. I'm glad she wasn't mad. Dieting was a big part of her life. It's a big part of my life. These days I do NoT like the word diet so I call it the Eat Less, Move More.
Today I decided I better get going, so I got out the mug, a visual reminder. So far it's not working so great, instead of my mango smoothie this morning I finished the banana cake for breakfast. Dang it, it's hard. I honestly do not know what I was thinking.
Mother's Day is Sunday, be careful what you give your Mom. She deserves better than a diet mug. I know mine does. I will do better for Mom this year. I am taking her for a pedicure and lunch on Friday and then celebrating with her and family on Sunday.
6 comments:
Great mug. Must be in the genes. I remember my Mom counting calories by keeping food journals. On days she cheated, she would write "BLEW IT" across that particular day....good memories.
I love the mug. You obviously know your mom very well. When we were young my brother (NOT ME) got my mom a mug that said, "If you wake up feeling like you've had it be grateful." Nice huh?
Oh what mothers have to put up with. Robb bought his mom a book for Mother's Day one year when he was little. Picked it out himself, his dad aparently didn't know better. It was something about how to manage your emotions. I think it scarred her for years.
My brother and I are giving my mom tickets to the Gaithers at the Fair and we're going to take her out to dinner first and then to the concert - should be a real head banger!!!
While everyone else comments on the gift, I was relating more to the cake for breakfast!!! What is it about sugar first thing in the morning? Guilty.....but not enough to remember the next day when I reach for the same thing!!
Hi...Have a wonderful Mother's Day celebrating with your mom....enjoy the pedicure and the lunch!
Post a Comment