Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Entertaining at Home and Work


Tomorrow evening is the Lynden Pioneer Museum's 10th annual Members' Only BBQ. We hold this event in the alley behind the museum. My hubby cooks, the Jazz Omelets play, Jerrie and I serve, Troy schmoozes. I'm expecting about 150 for dinner tomorrow night. Every year we have more people and the same menu, Costco sausages and rolls, sauteed peppers and onions, chips, baked beans and dessert. Usually cake or an apple crisp but this year we are having strawberry shortcake. Jerrie met me at Costco this morning to help me with the hunting and gathering. I also went to both grocery stores in Lynden today. Then I chopped 10# of onions and 18 peppers. In the morning I'll make the beans, pick up the berries and go like crazy until it is over at 6:30 p.m. If you are not a member of the museum and would like to come for the BBQ, you can join tomorrow and then come for the festivities. We also show off a new collection and this year it is motion lamps, they are so cool. I am totally coveting them. If we get them all going we could blow a fuse or two.
Friday night is the progressive garden party dinner with friends. This is a huge deal, lots of fuss and incredible food and wine pairings. My hubby and I have dessert this year. Tonight I finished my place cards, polished the silver, wrote my grocery list again, and tried to visualize the piles of dishes and doo dahs laying on every single flat surface of our home as they will look Friday evening. It is going to be a Martha moment! Unless, I fall over.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

I don't know if "schmooze" is the right word for Troy. I think he just avoids having to do any work! :) haha!

Glad its over!

Have fun tonight!