Since we live in dairy and berry country, this is a good recipe to make and feel as though you are supporting the local economy. Supporting local business is a great way to justify all the fat in this cake. It tastes really, really good and it is a pretty cake. Lastly, you are supporting the local farmers. This cake is a win win! Please read the instructions prior to just throwing everything in a bowl, you'll need to mix the first three ingredients and then hold back one cup for the topping.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake:
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
Filling:
1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup raspberry jam
Topping:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar, cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Remove 1 cup of crumbs and set aside. Add the rest of the cake ingredients and spread in a 2" springform pan.
Combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Pour over the batter, spoon the jam over the filling. I just glob it here and there and I do have the edge here because my Mom makes the best raspberry freezer jam in the world. Next, crumble the one cup of course crumbs over the top and then sprinkle with the almonds. Bake 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. I use one of my smaller sprngform pans so the cake is higher and takes longer. Loosen ring after 15 minutes. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Thank you for posting this...oh my...I can't wait to make it. It was so good yesterday I think my eyes crossed while I was eating it.
Yum-o!
Post a Comment