Monday, November 23, 2009

Good Fellowship

Our church offers Dinner for 8. We signed up for Saturday evening and we were not disappointed. Hubby and I were hosts, which is like having a caterer show up. The other three pairs bring salad, main and dessert while we had to provide rolls and drinks. I'm pretty handy with bread and wine so that worked out just fine.
Our eight had no trouble keeping the conversation going. Our guests hit every season of life and were well traveled. It was an evening where I felt very blessed to be a part of the family of God.

We lit the wood stove and many candles and had a cozy setting ready for our guests, who brought amazing food.


Oh, and I added more to my to do list including spending Holy Week in Rome and making more friends.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Your blog looks so pretty! How do you do that??!!! I now have internet so hope to post soon.....?
Dinner 8 is so much fun, glad you had a good time. And what a beautiful table you set!
I haven't heard from Troy. Don't want him to put my goodies away!!! Forget to set out the cabbage graters too.
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Holly

Emily said...

What a stunning centerpiece. ;-) Glad to hear you had a great evening! Thanks for the chat on Friday. It was good to see you!

Janice said...

Beautiful table - as usual :-)!!

Les Hon said...

Love those wheat spray plates...

Eloise said...

What a lovely gathering! Your table looks so beautiful and inviting.