Max needed to go to the DMV this morning for an enhanced driver's license. As I am enjoying my coffee this morning he asks me to check the web site and double check what he needs to take with him.
*Birth Certificate
*Social Security Card
*Proof of Address- but not a bank statement
*A Parent
WHAT?
Seriously. A freakin' guardian.
I was finished with the DMV.
Not so, not so.
Showered, called Troy (boss) and drove to the DMV.
Whoa, it's Thursday. They open an hour later on Thursdays. I forgot.
Whoa, everyone in line is talking about that the DMV computers have been DOWN.
Whoa, yesterday was Veteran's Day, so DMV was closed. Thus everyone who tried to go yesterday showed up this morning.
Fortunately, it wasn't raining. We jumped in line-fifth place, and waited it out.
By the time they opened the line was curling everywhere. Happy to be at the front!
We got to go right up to the counter, zip zap and we're outta there.
*Sidenote- We saw this kid in line and if the fashion police had been around someone would have locked him up and thrown away the key.
BaGGy, huge shorts, like Nike, only BIG! With black socks and patent leather black high tops. I mention this to Max, who I can tell is glancing that way and trying not to stare. It's hard not to look, like a big ole train wreck hard not to stare. I so wanted to take a picture to share with all of you.
Max- "He is a QB for ________JV football team. I hit him a lot."
Me- "Well, you didn't knock any fashion sense into him."
Max-"Mom, I can't do everything."
Too true kiddo.
Driving home I get a bad case of cell phobia. Can't find my cell phone. Flip a U turn at Horton, probably not legal. We're looking, calling my phone. Nothing.
I send Max back in, park and can faintly hear my cell vibrating...yep it was in my purse. Buried deeply in my purse.
I was punished. I had to listen to the Arctic Monkey's at a HIGH volume... all the way home.
Need a vacation? Yep.
Leaving tonight.
1 comment:
I've "lost" my phone in my purse too - must be a sign of "filter failure" on its' way :-0
Post a Comment