I love Dutch licorice. I happened upon these Napoleons when someone my Hubby works with bought them and tried to give them away at work. No bites. So, he brought them to me. It is a love hate relationship. They are so good and yet give me the shivers because they are so...I don't know, strong. For about 6 months I couldn't find them anywhere. But they're back, baby and they're mine. No one else likes them. I gave one to Shelly once and she spewed it out of her month and then slapped at her tongue with both hands, fast and furiously. We were in a public place. I wasn't impressed. And I had warned her, but NO she had to have one.
Reading the back of the bag is pretty much futile as it is in Dutch and I may be Dutch but only know a few bad words. This is what it says, 'Zoete kogels met een pittige salmiakkick van binnen'. Oh wait! In very small print is says, 'Hard boiled candies filled with ammoniumchloride'. I kid you not! May not be so healthy. A white sticker in English is also slapped on the back, the ingredient list is sugar, glucose syrup, licorice extract, licorice powder and artificial color. Sounds good to me.
Contact me if you want to try one. It comes with one rule-you may not spit it out, you must finish the whole candy. Dare you! Double dog dare you!
8 comments:
no thanks!
OH but I will try the raspberry pie if there is any left!
I will NOT try one. NEVER! I think I tried one of your licorices at the museum a few years back and had the "Shelly" reaction. ICK!
But, really, you enjoy!
It was truly the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life...you shouldn't have dared me in a public place. You have pretty good taste, I really thought it couldn't be that bad...but it was...oh. it. was!
I hate to admitt it - but I actually liked the one you gave me.
I love Dutch licorice - my favorite is at Whistler, it's covered with sugar, the salt/sweet combo - yummmm!!!!
I would LOVE one. Are they soft and chewy or break your teeth hard? - wendi
oh, and WHERE did you get them?
Food Pavillion has them-right now! And they are hard.
Post a Comment