Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Work Room

I haven't taken you through a room at the stone house for a bit. After last week when I was airing my dirty laundry and showed a shot of my laundry room at its' worst I decided to show it at its' best.
Washer and dryer with tiled counter for folding. Hubby did this for me and I love it.

I found this cabinet in the alley and took it home. Really. This is where all my scrapbooking supplies are kept. I made the ribbon bar last Fall and I think it needs another row. The shelves are labeled to keep things neat. The basket lined with green fabric is for current projects. Right now everything I am gathering is for a Hawaii album.

The baker's rack is from our last house and now I use it for workroom storage-clothes pins, hangers, cleaning and sewing supplies, recycled bags and a handy wine rack. It works.

My guys artwork-pottery by Dan, Georgia O'Keefe's by Sam and Max.


My view from the ironing board. Make that our view from the ironing board, my hubby irons too.
Hope you enjoyed the tour, if you'd like to come and hang out in this room that would be great! There's always a load to flip, a load to fold or ironing to be done.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

Maybe someday when I grow up I'll have a laundry room too, although I can do laundry and stir soup at the same time...golly...why would I want to give up that luxury!

jkluginbill said...

I would totally love to come hang out in your laundry room! Ya - whatever. :)

Mine looks more like your before picture and that is when it is cleaned up!

by the way - I love your laundry room!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of this room....I have a laundry "hall", which doesn't work very well with the large amount of laundry I have.

Liz Harrell said...

This is lovely, I'm so jealous! The wall color is so pretty.

Fans of Cash said...

Nice counter top and cupboards-way to go freddY

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh! What a nice little neat space! I love your laundry center area. I need to get something overtop my machines too!

Thanks so much for being a part of the party!

Funky Junk Donna

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a lovely room to work in! I really like the green on the walls and the beautiful tile.