As I was posting this recipe Max was practically wrestling me to the ground. He feels pretty strongly that this is an old family secret and he has never been nice about sharing. But hey, here goes!
Strawberry Pizza Dessert
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter-softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup nuts (slivered almonds)
Pat into a pizza pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
OR
Buy a roll of sugar cookie dough in the fridge section of the grocery store, slice and pat together and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
For filling mix 1 softened 8 oz. cream cheese (I always use low fat) with 1 cup powdered sugar. Then add 8 oz. Cool Whip. I use a mixer.
Spread over cooled crust.
Slice strawberries to cover, about 3 pints.
Top with the glaze which you've made and cooled.
Glaze:
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
1 T. Cornstarch
Boil until clear and thick, then add 3 T. dry strawberry jello and stir.
Keep in the fridge.
I have taken this dessert camping. I make the filling and the glaze ahead and store in ziploc bags(they are good in the ice chest and then I'm not packing tupperware back home), when you're ready to use just snip the corner of the bag. Use the premade sugar cookie dough to keep it easy and insto-facto impressive camping or condo-ing dessert. Generally speaking I now camp in condos due to an unfortunate incident involving a tent and a terrible storm. Sometimes I prebake the crust but hey, most condos have ovens.
1 comment:
Yum! I shared a piece of strawberry pie when I went out for lunch today...it was goooood!
Post a Comment