Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Recap

My sis, Kathi made this dessert straight out of Martha's Living July issue. Very good, apparently there is lots of butter in the crust.

My dessert plate, including Kathi and Martha's flag dessert, Hana's sugar cookies and Becky's dessert which at first glance looked like potato salad. It's not, trust me, I hate(strong word) potato salad and this was nothing like potato salad. It involved buttermilk, vanilla pudding mix, cool whip, fruit and fudge striped cookies. My, that is good stuff. I didn't feel so good when I got in bed last night.

These kids come from a long line of firework pyros. My Dad is crazy for fireworks. We always took a trip to the Res to visit Bargain Betty where he seemed to know Betty on a first name basis. One year he was giving us the safety speech before we went on our picnic, showing us how to light and toss firecrackers. Mom was busy in the kitchen. Us kids were gathered around the picnic table and just as he said "one at a time" the whole string went off in his lap. Fastest I ever saw my Dad move, burn marks on the picnic table and on his legs. My Mom came flying out of the house yelling, "I suppose you burned your pants!" He had.

My camera batteries ran out so you'll just have to trust me when I say they got bigger. Bill got out the camera, the tripod, he set the shutter and we had a blast writing and posing with our sparklers. Visit Jodi's blog to see how to do it yourself. This probably isn't saying much but it can entertain my family for hours.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

My camera died too...so sad, but meant I could just lay back and relax and not focus on pictures.

Those desserts look lovely...even the one that looks like potato salad! :)