Monday, July 14, 2008

Garden Party 2008 Part IV

Our place for dessert. I used silver, white and black on the table. The placecards were black mosaic frames that I added photos of other good times with our friends. We had a tent with corner shelves over the table and in the corners I made vignettes using past party pictues in silver frames, roses and anything silver I could find.



Dessert is all about the lighting because by the time we get to dessert it is dark. I had a used chandelier from the thrift store, spray painted it silver, added candles and fresh roses and ivy. I used a black and silver lamp(from our bedroom) in the center of the table for a soft light. And lots of candle light too.


I am sorry that I didn't photograph the food but I was busy at this point. I thought the cake was good, it is very light and creamy. I'll post the recipe sometime soon and for the pineapple too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you consider donating a "Progressive Garden Party" to the Rotary auction next year? I'm sure it would raise BIG BUCKS for the community - and I could have my rich friends buy it so I could go. PLEASE!!!!!

Tami said...

Um, let me see, ummmm...NO! Sorry.

Eloise said...

This is stunning! How many people come to the garden party? Is it just the 3 couples who are hosting? It's a fabulous idea, though we'd have to have it in the spring here in Texas. July is too dadgum hot. Our gardens are not as pretty as yours either!

What did you serve for dessert?

You sure set a beautiful table. Love the tent idea.

PS Sorry for 101 questions. I love to entertain but have very few original ideas; I'm a great copycat, though.