Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SAD or Seasonally Appropriate Dressing

New record cold tempuratures, record breaking snowfall...this brings up some questions. We are more than a month into Spring, yet the weather is everything and anything but Springlike. So, what are you wearing? Is it inappropriate to wear a black turtleneck sweater with a down vest, as we finish the month of April? Is it in poor taste to wear my winter parka to walk to work? With gloves? I just can't bear to be cold. Usually, I am wearing capri pants by now and a t-shirt, blouse and a light jacket. I feel gloomy, dark and drab wearing heavy winter clothes but I'm freezing. So, my question today is, "Is there a warm yet Springy fashionable look out there? I even wore my eddie bauer silk long underwear today. And I was not too warm!
Help! I feel I am a fashion disaster...
Today's photo is not related to post. One of the many random photos of R's at our house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the randomness of the post.
=]

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

What am I wearing???
Today it was a t-shirt, summer skirt and flip-flops. and sunscreen=D
Spring's coming!

Shelly said...

I'm dressing according to the temp and not the calendar. There's nothin' cute about short sleves when those bare arms are full of goosebumps, but I'm not much of a fashion plate...he he.

jkluginbill said...

I think the picture totally matches the post - you need that warm coffee to keep this freakin' cold spring at bay.

I am wearing a t, cardigan and a vest! Holy! I should be hot, but I'm not! :(