There has been an ongoing project here at the stone house for three years. We are trying to install a 'kitchen' on the patio. Really just a cabinet for storage and a hidden small fridge and a countertop to use as a work area or buffet. The cabinet was here before us so we don't know the story but when we moved in b-in-law Bill spotted the cabinet and christened it 'the Buick' of cabinets. After I floundered around all this time, sanding, priming, trying to find an auto body shop willing to be a project participant, we hit the jackpot this weekend. Sam! Our very own Sam. He is taking a shop class with independent study and has access to a heavy duty paint gun. I am just so excited to be going forward on the project. I pressure washed it today (I do it every Spring in the hopes I'll finish the Buick), my hubby loaded it up and we brought it to school. I can't wait! It will be so handy to have cribbage and cards, matches for the lanterns, quilts for my naps, cold beverages all right there. We spend a lot of time on our patio in the summer, entertaining, eating, reading, napping, playing games, watching movies. It is a favorite spot for our family and friends.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Patio Improvements
There has been an ongoing project here at the stone house for three years. We are trying to install a 'kitchen' on the patio. Really just a cabinet for storage and a hidden small fridge and a countertop to use as a work area or buffet. The cabinet was here before us so we don't know the story but when we moved in b-in-law Bill spotted the cabinet and christened it 'the Buick' of cabinets. After I floundered around all this time, sanding, priming, trying to find an auto body shop willing to be a project participant, we hit the jackpot this weekend. Sam! Our very own Sam. He is taking a shop class with independent study and has access to a heavy duty paint gun. I am just so excited to be going forward on the project. I pressure washed it today (I do it every Spring in the hopes I'll finish the Buick), my hubby loaded it up and we brought it to school. I can't wait! It will be so handy to have cribbage and cards, matches for the lanterns, quilts for my naps, cold beverages all right there. We spend a lot of time on our patio in the summer, entertaining, eating, reading, napping, playing games, watching movies. It is a favorite spot for our family and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmm....would he be willing to paint my front door?? I'll be over this summer to enjoy the new cabinet and patio. :)
This friend looooves your patio, especially those spontaneous gatherings!
Post a Comment