Monday, April 7, 2008

Lifeguard Warnings and Sand in Bad Places

Here's the deal, no photos because if I take the time to figure it out they start happy hour without me and we can't have that!
Yesterday we had a blast, went to the flea market(I found fun stuff for Caleb and Emilyn) and then headed to the North Shore where there were warnings and lifeguards urging parents to get their babies off the beach. Huge waves people! My guys had a blast. Someone mentioned they had sand in bad places, true! We then went even farther north in search of the white shrimp vans. Ooh, we found them and had coconut shrimp, lava shrimp, volcano shrimp, garlic shrimp, well, you get the idea. The boys thought those guys gave auntie Shelly a run for the money with their shrimp recipes. It was a foodie moment by the side of the road. Then we drove around the island, so beautiful and lush.
For dinner last night we had reservations at Duke's, which is associated with Kimo's on Maui, I did not realize this until we sat down to dinner where I had a reunion with their muffins, they are part of the bread basket and Mmmmm it brought back all the great memories of sis Kathi and I on Maui. We had the BEST table in the place and some really good food. We mentioned to the boys that they might like to just go to Subway tonight but they are good little foodies and said NO WAY! They are with us!
Gotta run I can see Karen by the pool with a chichi. Ooh, did I mention our room is by the pool?

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Fun fun fun! The shrimp sound divine! Subway? You have got to be joking! Your boys are much smarter than that!

Have a chichi for mimi! :) or a mai tai...hmmm...