Friday, April 11, 2008

Safely Home





We're home. We all had such an amazing trip, one good thing after another. The beach, the sand, the sun, the family and friends, the food and drinks, the scenery and the flowers were all so, well, just so great. We did make such great memories with our boys, I think the only hard part was missng Dan. Fred met someone from Kosovo, we had waiters traveling the world that reminded us all of Dan and just moments that someone would think or say, Dan would love this.
It was probably a good time to head for home since no one wanted to leave yet and Karen and I could still fit in our clothes. We had good eats, folks. The last night I got teary eyed at dessert, such a moment, another delicious meal at a the best table in the house and a dessert to die for, coconut cream cake. My mouth is watering as I think about it now. The dessert was good enough to make me cry and the thought of leaving and all the blessing of this vacation-overwhelming!
I will blog more about the trip...some beach scenes and maybe some stories too.
We were happy to see Hawley and Little Bit today, of course it was bittersweet to come home to an empty house, RIP Victoria.

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

The food look heavenly. Glad you had a great time and glad to have you back. We don't want to share you guys with Hawaii for too long! :)

Isn't it best to leave a vacation before you are tired of it? I think it makes the memories a little happier.

Maybe you could try to make that cake...that would keep you busy! :)

Talk to you soon.

Fans of Cash said...

I reading it- even thou it is making me green!

Shelly said...

Yayyy...the flower I was asking for ;) Glad you're all home safe with wonderful family memories. You're going to try to make that cake here at home...aren't you? It looks soooo good, oh...fyi...I make those PDub apple dumplings...they were wicked good!