Well, this is it. Spring is here. My friends Vern and Shelly called this afternoon and it was time to let the cows out. Years ago I mentioned how much I loved it when my Grandpa would let his heifers out in the springtime. Those placid slow going girls really kick up their heels when they finally get out of the barn after a long winter.
We never know when it will be and when Vern decides they are getting out, we drop everything and go. One time my hubby's parents and a friend were visiting us when we got the call so they got drug along. It is a funny thing when the barn door opens, some come out nose first and slow but most of the girls come running, kicking and the mud just flies. The guys watch the back of the field because sometimes the girls are so excited that they break down the fence!
Well, that is just about all the excitement I can handle in one day. Now, I am going shopping with teen guys. Good thing I had my fun this afternoon.
2 comments:
Direct quote from Vern "She picked the two dirtiest cows in the whole herd to post!"...now I have to add cow bathing to my list of chores.
Fun times letting out cows!
Shopping w/ teen guys seems so wrong. I (with my preteen) think "what did I do so wrong to deserve this?" Mostly I think we are good people...that is why I just ask why...I feel for you!
Post a Comment