Monday, July 9, 2018

2018 4th of July

 Hubby and I took Huakai' Annie to George, Wa to celebrate the 4th of July.  We love the small town celebration.  We camped at Max and Kassie's place with her family and Sam and his friend.
 On the 4th there is a pancake breakfast, the Cherry Bomb run, the huge cherry pie, food trucks, music, games for the kids and contests such as cherry pit spitting and pie eating and a parade.
The old pie pan was retired, then cut out and hung on the community hall wall,
 The runners!
Kassie got first in her division!
 After a breakfast burrito and horchata,  we watched the parade. We were a big group!
 We hung out at the house, playing corn hole, visiting and coloring.
Max and Kassie had steaks for everyone and I tried a new recipe for Caesar wedge salads.
 Kassie's niece, Ella was a little shy with Sam until he got out the fireworks.
We went to Hubby's Mom's house to watch the big show.
 The next day Ron and Idalia took their ski boat to Moses Lake and invited us to join them and their friends. Many of you know I am a tad tentative about boating.  A lake feels safer than the bay to me.  I could see the shore.  I forgot my meclizine but felt good.  It's fun!
 Then Hubby spotted smoke.
 That's us on the boat with the little flag.  Yikes! Exactly what I have been saying for years, boating is fraught with danger.  We had just met this boat.  Apparently, they stalled under I-90 and tried to re start when the engine caught fire.  People were yelling from the shore to jump and some jet skis went out to help.  There were no injuries that we know of as they did jump and get to shore. 
It all happened so fast, within minutes the boat was a ball of flames.
I felt safe with Capt. Ron but stuff happens and this proved my point!
Anywoo, we went on and had a great time on the water.
 The relaxation station was fun and kept us cool.
It was great to see Kassie having fun boating with her family.
That night Hubby's family came for grilled burgers and we had a nice visit with them.
On Friday we went to Cave B Estate Winery to have a tasting and lunch.  Kassie works there and showed us around. It is beautiful at Cave B.
 Max got finished baling and was able to join us for lunch.  It's a busy time for him on the farm.
Hubby and I left for home after lunch as he had to work this weekend.
It was fun to have Ella, she loves her Auntie Kiki!  And I loved having someone to read a bedtime story to at night. Her parents came on Friday evening.
 Thank you Max and Kassie and Ron and Idalia!
 We had a wonderful time and can't wait for next year. 

No comments: