I learned a lot on my trip to Winthrop. On the way there the lessons began, Shelly and I learned that we do not need to stop at the flea market in Concrete ever again. I don't recommend anyone stopping there.
I learned that I need a bicycle built for two to put on the back of our trailer. Even if we never take it off and ride, it's cute.
I saw hardware on a screen door that we need to add to our door. Hubby just built the door and we were wondering how to finish it.
I love the tooled vinyl and what great idea to use it on the cabinets.
I learned that I need to up my propane tank game. Annie's tank is pretty boring.
I met Kim and she showed me the back of her dinette cushions. I would never had guessed but she'd spray painted them with marine vinyl spray paint. Brilliant!
I loved Sarah's trailer's name, Whiskey in a Tea Cup. I need something with Huaka'i Annie's name and my SOTF number. Preferably something cute.
Next up is something that I wish I could say was new knowledge but I've been told this little nugget of brilliant information before and honestly, sometimes I am a slow learner. I asked Sarah if she had sewed her awning and she said, no because I did everything else I ordered the awning from Marti's Awnings.
Rene told me, Kathy told me, Sarah told me. I've been told many times and probably as far back as almost two years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't listen and I thought I could sew my own.
I started last fall, winter came and I put it away, but I knew I had to get it out this week.
I have been stewing and sewing and am so frustrated. When I began I imagined great success, cute scallops, coordinating prints and straight seams. I actually was photographing as I went so I could post a tutorial on the blog. Hah! That would be the blind leading the blind.
I sew a day and then stare at it and stew a day. Tomorrow is another sewing day.
Next time I shall take the good advice I am given and order the awning.
Remind me.
Jean and I tried to buy another trailer over the weekend. The owner said no but I haven't learned what no means when it comes to vintage trailers so we'll see.
If Road Trips and Vintage Trailers were subjects in school I think I'd give myself a decent grade. An A for effort but some points off for not listening. Probably a solid B+ overall.
A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
-Will Rogers
*************************************************
One more thing I learned about is the word learned. I did some checking this morning because the word learned seemed awkward. It turns out that it's correct usage.
Which is the correct past tense of learn –learned or learnt? Well, the answer is simple. Both are correct. Yes, both learned andlearnt may be used as the past of learn depending on which form of English you’re using. Learned is used in American English, and learnt in British English. But these days, due to the influence of American English, learned is also being written in Britain. So, in short, both the forms are correct. The only thing to remember is – whichever form you use, be consistent. Don’t use both learned and learnt together.
There’s just one case where only learned is used – whether British or American English. This is when used as an adjective meaning “possessing or demonstrating profound knowledge”. For example, ‘a learned person’ or ‘a learned response’. In this case, learned is pronounced with two syllables – “learn” and “ed”, unlike learned as a verb where it’s just one syllable. -The Write Corner
1 comment:
Last weekend there was a red tandem bike in the window at More Than Antiques... my husband said "no" so I didn't buy it.... perhaps it's still there...
~Chris
Post a Comment