It seems as though every year Christmas comes earlier. We could blame retail. We could blame ourselves. Or we could embrace it. It is the most wonderful season of all. Why wouldn't we want to make it last as long as possible?
Yesterday I went into our attic. I went to scout around, tidy it up, clear a path, maybe take a few Christmas decorations out. I am going to simplify, minimize, and organize in 2016. It doesn't hurt to take stock of what all needs to happen to make that goal attainable.
I do need to downsize the Christmas collection. There are some things I don't use anymore or things I picked up at yard sales just in case I needed them for the Holiday Home Tour in 2013. I don't plan to decorate and stage for hundreds of guests anytime soon. Actually, that won't ever happen again.
One of my goals is to choose 500 of my very favorite ornaments for the Shiny Brite/vintage ornament tree. It is difficult to choose. If 500 ornaments look good wouldn't 700+ be even better?
When do you start decorating? When is enough really enough?
I am toying with the idea of busting out a plethora of Christmas crafts and then next November having a little sale.
Or maybe I should just keep it all. It's not hurting anyone. I may need it someday.
The struggle is real.
3 comments:
What do I have to do to get in on the preview night of your sale?????
Of course, then your struggle might become my struggle...
I can live with that. Let me know what it takes!
My motto is if you have room keep it all!! However, if there is a sale I'll be there with bells on :)!
Chris
PS my decorating for Christmas doesn't begin until the Friday after Thanksgiving but I keep thinking on these "late" Thanksgiving dates that I should start the weekend before...
Yes I'm going to say it ..... the Canadians are smarter than us! Thanksgiving the first werkmof October and then pull out the Christmas for TWO months! My Christmas decor won't be seeing the light of day this year..... SAD!
Post a Comment