Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Farm Chicks Part Deux

 The Farm Chicks Show is a lot of beautiful junk set up by very clever artists.  There were many light fixtures that you wouldn't find at Village Lighting.  If you want a new chandelier, go to an old farm grab something out of the barn, add some bling and voila you have a swanky new light.
I have the one as pictured below.  Hubby had just hung it on the patio before I left for Farm Chicks.  His Grandma had made it from a kit many years ago.  It's fancy and fun.
 The women dress up for Farm Chicks whether it's an apron, a petticoat, fancy boots or a hat, most get into the spirit of the show and dress like a Farm Chick.  It's farm slash ranch fashion couture at its best.
Before I left on the trip I cleaned out a cupboard and tossed an old bundt pan.  Honestly.
 I loved Wood & Wool's booth.  I did buy a paint by number painting and I hope to capture their idea by painting a quote over it.  I loved their pictures but they weren't the right size for me.
 Oh deer, aren't you swanky?  Sheryl, Shelly and I all purchased some antlers.
 Peonies are in season.  There were gorgeous bouquets everywhere.
 I know, let's take an old horse hair sofa and make it into a planter!  Who thinks of these things? There is so much re-purposing creativity.  It is mind boggling at times.
The girls and I loved the show.  We agreed that one day is enough for us and that we don't have to go every year but will want to return down the road.  We still had room in the Jeep after the show.  
More stops and fun coming up!
To be continued...

No comments: