Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cedar Chest Treasures

My parents are moved into their apartment in town.  Now it's time to get ready for a huge sale.  The sale will be on Saturday starting at 8:00 a.m.  We hope to see you there.  Early birds pay double!  The grand kids get to come on Friday night to take what they want and have pizza for dinner.
 This bench was in the barn when they moved in 50 years ago.  It's probably overheard many conversations.
 I sure hope Santa knows where to find Tami, Kathi, Kenny and Jodi next Christmas.  He's been making this stop for a long time. My Mom or Aunt Clarice sewed the stockings out of felt as each of us were born.  We were mostly nice so they were filled with toys and treats.
 I wore this little yellow dress and sweater set as a baby.
 There are pictures of me wearing the little red dress that my Mom sewed for me.
My sister Kathi and I had velvet jumpers one Christmas.  Kathi's was red and my Mom made it out of  her bridesmaid dress that she wore for Uncle Ed and Aunt Twyla's wedding.  I love the covered buttons down the back of my blue jumper.
 My Uncle Gordon was career US Army military police.  He traveled the world and brought back pajamas for me.  The black and white set is pretty worn.
 The blue set is in nice shape, I don't think it was as soft so I didn't wear it as much.  Kathi had a matching set in light blue.   I told my sisters that I hoped I have a grand daughter someday.  She can spend the night and wear my exotic PJs.  Jodi suggested we watch Mulan, the Disney movie.  Won't that be fun?
It is a lot of work to empty a house but it is a lot of fun too.  Good memories and making new ones as we work together.  I am still laughing about a conversation between my Mom and Jodi that I overheard on Monday.  There was a Fenton, hand painted vase that Jodi was googling and looking at carefully.  She mentioned that she would like it.  Mom tells her to take it!  Jodi mentions that it has a small crack on the bottom.  Mom told her she couldn't come down from "take it".  
Hahaha.  Yep, free is as low as it gets!

See you on Saturday!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What fun to see all these treasures!!! I love the conversation between Jodi and your mom, lol!!! Lots of eye candy in those pictures!!