Vern and Shelly hosted pumpkin carving in the party barn, a long time tradition that our guys have loved. Mainly because it involves good food and a lot of it. Shelly made her chicken wings for Sam and Braden's favorite potatoes, even though he is away at college. There were bacon wrapped tater tots, stuffed mushrooms, meatballs, sticky pigs in a blanket, Karen's baking, dips and basically food for fifty.
It's been years since Sam has been able to attend and he was excited. Angela now knows what all the excitement is about. Kassie cancelled her plans to visit Max to be at the party. And Max surprised her by showing up at the party.
We had a few years with no kids able to attend so we were pretty happy to have kids show up. Even though they aren't kids anymore.
Danny and Braden! Pumpkin carving party is a really good reason to move back to Washington.
Karen had just visited Danny and Braden in MI so we had a great picture of them. Not the same though...
Here's a dirty little secret... some years we don't actually carve pumpkins. Too lazy.
But this year Shelly, Kassie and I carved. And it was fun.
Two owls and a pretty lace pumpkin! I think I better start a pinterest board of ideas for next year.
One of my first posts on the blog was about the pumpkin carving party. At that point I was just trying to get photos to show up despite my technical challenges. I have been banging out posts since 2007.
Happy Blogaversary to moi! Aaaand many more...
1 comment:
Indeed! Many more anniversaries ahead! I'll be reading!
Post a Comment