Monday, September 22, 2014

Last Weekend of Summer

 On Saturday morning I walked in the Walk to Defeat ALS.  Aunt Nelda had a lot of people on her team and we were all so happy that she was able to be there.  Tanner and Clayton are so sweet with her.
 My sis, Kathi and I came to support Aunt Nelda in her fight and Les Kooistra in his fight against ALS.  Les was there but I didn't see him or Karen.  There were 500 people signed up to walk.  Karen, we keep missing each other!
 Meanwhile at home, our firewood for this winter was delivered.  Hubby and I stacked it at a record breaking pace early this morning.  We get our firewood from Dave and he is very insistent that no rain ever touch his firewood.   His firewood is clean, dry and a beautiful blend of alder, maple and birch.  If you're into that sort of thing, it's a big deal.  And yes, we are.  Hubby and I are officially firewood snobs.
 After the walk on Saturday Leslie and Caitlin picked me up to go wedding dress shopping with them.  Caitlin is engaged to Jon and they are planning their wedding for this fall.  I got all teary and touched when they asked me.  We had the best time.  Caitlin said yes to the dress.  It was such an obvious choice.
Of course, the dress isn't pictured.  Top secret!
We celebrated her dress with a peach bellini at Scotty Brown's in Bellingham while feeling pretty elated and smug with our success.
 On Sunday we had dinner at my folk's place and then Mom told us to go to the orchard and pick out some pumpkins.  She had an accidental pumpkin patch growing out of the compost pile.  Happy accident.
 My sisters and I had fun gathering the pumpkins.
After dinner and the pumpkin patch Hubby and I went home to watch the rest of the Seahawk's game.  I told Hubby that I was getting the flu, I had a headache and was nauseated.  I was definitely getting sick. Sigh.
Then the Seahawks won and I was healed.  A bad case of nerves made me physically ill.  I don't think I can do this every Sunday so we need a blow out.  Next Sunday is a bye, thankfully.
On the bright side, Hawks won and I don't have the flu.
Overall, a great last weekend of summer.  
And now...
it's FALL Y'ALL!

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

We DID have the best time!! Thanks so much for coming with us. Your comments were so helpful! It was sweet to celebrate a memorable day!