Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rose Bowl Flea Market

 The purpose of our girls trip to Palm Desert was to visit the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.  Chris, Shelly and I go junkin' together and our dream was to visit the granddaddy of them all.
Many designers on television design shows visit the Rose Bowl, including Nate Berkus, Ty Pennington, Eddie Ross.
Chris posed next to Bertha, the only realistic dress form we met in Pasadena.  Aren't they cute?
 The flea market is antiques, crafts, furniture makers, artists and clothing.  We ran out of time and didn't make it to the clothing section.  Many Hollywood stars shop there and costume designers flock to the Rose Bowl for television and movies.
 I have a small collection of R's throughout our home so I am always on the lookout for an R.  There were so many that I got overwhelmed and didn't bring any home.  I'll just have to return.
 Just in case there was any doubt, my friend Shelly is HOT.
 Shelly and I bought hats for some shade.  My theory was go big or go home.  Chris and Shelly thought I look like a Mary Engelbreit poster child.  
 The furniture pieces in the Grand Loft Custom booth made my heart go pitty pat.  I can't stop thinking about the dining room table I picked out.  So many great pieces in their booth.
 The one that got away because it was just too awkward to ship was a metal disc for sledding.  I took a photo and will have to be happy with that.
 This furniture booth was new and considered hot.  It was furniture made from old warehouse pieces.  Most of the items had sold stickers.
There were some disturbing booths too.  It wasn't all pretty.

 It was dumb luck that we found our car back.  We were giddy upon arrival and didn't really think about the end of the day when we would need our car... whew, we found it.
It was a wonderful day of junkin'.  The only disappointment was that Eddie Ross was there shopping and we didn't know it.  Shelly saw his flea market pictures on instagram the next day.  We did meet one of the Storage War guys though so that was fun.
Such a great day!  We shipped a few things home.  Including an oil painting that I purchased for ten bucks.  I'm having a love hate relationship with it.  I'll know for sure when it's in our living room if it's a keeper.

1 comment:

Les Hon said...

Oh! That one that got away...loved it too! And the furniture! Although I know a certain Farmer who would not understand why I would put such old stuff in my house...

What fun!