Thursday evening Christmas came early to the Stone House. Danny flew into Seatac without any delays or crazy events(Christmas miracle #1), Sam picked up Danny on his way home from JBLM. I made their favorite casseroles and we had a wonderful dinner.
Sam came home with his new puppy. He had his proposal to Angela planned for Friday morning. Sam and Angela had been going to premarital counseling prior to getting engaged and he had been planning for a long time. He had asked her Dad and all of her brothers. The ring was in a beautiful Christmas ornament, the puppy was researched and purchased, Sam got leave (Christmas miracle #2).
After dinner Hubby and I gave the guys their Christmas gift early. We gave them Gopro cameras. I wish I had filmed the opening as there was a lot of yelling, whooping and fist pumping. We knew they'd want them for our day at Mt. Baker. Best gift reactions. Ever. Danny and Max immediately said they were boarding and skiing Friday and Saturday.
Everyone knows that it's Christmas as soon as the chexpartymix is ready.
Everyone knows that it's Christmas as soon as the chexpartymix is ready.
I gave puppy a blankie(woobie). It was the receiving blanket that swaddled Sam I Am when he came home from Everett General Hospital. So the woobie had great sentimental value. Never mind, that I had been using it for washing windows... Sam weighed 10 pounds 4 ounces, puppy weighs far less.
Sam thought her name would be Sasha but Angela got to decide after the proposal.
There was snow Friday morning (Christmas miracle #3) and it was laying beautifully.
Sam arranged the proposal with clock work precision, Blake and Jesse took the day off to be on the side and release the puppy at just the right moment, he arranged for a Snapsister that is my sister to capture the moment, the snow was gently falling, Angela was oblivious to the moment, it was perfect. Until puppy came running out of the woods sans the ring which had been tied to her collar. Sam found the ring back, in the snow (Christmas miracle #4).
Angela said YES!, of course. They are planning a summer wedding. Hubby and I are so happy for them and for ourselves to gain such a sweet daughter-in-love and a sweet new grand puppy that we can send home at the end of the day.
Puppy has a new name, Reagan, and the new parents are super strict about her training. Sam is the dog whisperer and boy howdy, she is going to be a great dog. Providing Gma doesn't spoil her too much.
2 comments:
Wow! What a beautiful, memorable time! congrats :)
Post a Comment