Someday I'll get back to a cohesive blog post but at this time it is just random. Random again.
Max left on Sunday with the '54 on the trailer. It needs a drier climate and the guys aren't here enough to drive it anymore. Max made it over to the east side safely after a week at home. Sam doesn't report in until July first so he is still here as are the little debbie donuts... It has been a tough eat less move more week with guys at home. I have snacks in the house for them, I actually cook dinner for them, I baked cookies and somehow I end up tasting and snacking too much. By the way, the little debbie donuts are actually better than Hostess. Rumor has it.
Hubby and I did a bit of junkin' on Saturday and I found this sweet little Christmas musical tree. The best part, it came from my Aunt Nelda. So, every Christmas I'll be thinking of her when it gets unpacked. I love my Christmas things that have a connection to someone. Christmas is all about family.
Someone has been writing on the walls at the Stone house. Oh wait, it was me. It's harder than it looks so get that casual loopy style.
Yesterday I went on a lamp shade quest in Belltown. It's difficult to find the right shade with the lamps I've been finding at garage sales. The proportion issue is important with shades and their lamps.
This one(below) was a brass lamp I found for $1 at a garage sale. It's been 'zinced', given a new shade and looks pretty stylish now. The shade fabric has texture to it. I don't think neutrals with texture is an actual decorating style but it is the underlying theme in the master bedroom.
Many projects going on here, many repairs being made and honestly the whole place looks like a big, fat mess right now. As they say on the other side of the pond, "it's a tip."
It's back to work for us today. I wish Molly Maid knew our address and would show up and clean up...
No comments:
Post a Comment