Monday, April 15, 2013

A White Christmas in April

It's been pretty chilly here.  There was some snow mixed with the rain on Saturday and the temp. has been low for April norms.  I am anxious to feel the sunshine but not really ready for all of the work in the yard.  It feels like December so I'm in the mood for Christmas.  Works for me.
On Saturday I went with my gal pals to an estate sale.  We didn't really think it would be our thing because the furniture was Danish and it seemed a bit minimalist for us.  But, hey, even minimalists have a little bit of junk!  I swooped in and cleaned out the Christmas table.  Shelly has my back.  She stays right with me until I load up everything I want.  She helps me load my bag so I don't break anything and she will body check anyone that gets too close to my finds.  And that my friends, is a true friend.
After the estate sale we went to check out the new store in our little town.  The Picket Fence is crazy beautiful, and it's consignment!  Their prices seem reasonable, their displays make me want to take everything home and there are fun girls running the show.  My gal pals and I have a little plan to bring things in for consignment to make some cash to fund a little junkin' trip.  This theory is one that only a crazy junker will understand.

hellomynameistamiandihaveajunkin'problem

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Silly duck, I wouldn't body check...Franny might ban me from the next sale! I do however give the "evil eye" and since I'm 5'10" and sturdy that works just fine ;-)

Chris Kenner said...

Another fun time... My contribution to Tami was staying AWAY from the Christmas table, since we both love vintage Christmas.... You got some cute stuff, friend! If you ever need a taller bodyguard, pick me...... sorry, Shelly! :)

Holly said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! It sure felt like Christmas....first garage sale I've ever done in the snow!!!
I'm glad you found some more ornaments...you were getting low!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

This must have the estate sale out by Berthusen Park? I was too lazy to go and wasn't looking for any mid-century modern like in the photos... but it looks like the Christmas items were fabulous!

~Chris