Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Painting Continues

 Not really much going on here at the Stone House.  Just the usual project or dozen.  Hubby has the doors set, but had to tear off all the trim so we need new trim around the doors.  I'm still painting.  Not only do I have a painting project at home but I have some painting to take care of in the museum gift shop.  I'm also trying a new mod podge project for the store.
Anyway, back at home,when I decide to paint or redo a room I start collecting things.  The rule is that I may not use the new things until the room is finished.  I have a little pile of goodies for the kitchen and for the landing.  I'm just dying to get to the good stuff!  I'll be at the Lynden Craft and Antique Show on Thursday looking for more goodies to add to the stash.  I should probably be finishing the painting but the collecting is the best part and I cannot resist.  I checked out the new Threshold line at Target last night.  There are some pretty things.  Many of the things I wanted to see were not in our local store.  I may need a trip farther from the border to find the good stuff.
*When we aren't painting  or collecting more junk Hubby and I are having a cribbage tournament.  Right now we are in a tie situation.  Last night Hubby graciously suggested we call it a night and go to bed cuz I was getting dingy.  Isn't that sweet?  He totally could have taken advantage of me in my tired, dingy state.  To be continued.

*Sam will be stationed at Fort Lewis in May and home in April!   We better clean up our mess upstairs before he gets here.  It will be so nice to have him in Washington State.  No more expensive airline tickets to and from North Carolina.  Woot!

*The Biggest Loser!  I just love Danni and Jeff.  Gina went home and as Hubby said, "ding dong the witch is dead!"  Hah!

*Danny left me a message yesterday thanking me for doing  his laundry for so many years.  He apparently did a friend's (no name will be used to protect privacy) laundry yesterday and things were not turned right side out.  He now gets why I nagged about that issue and thanked me for my efforts.  A coup for this mama.

*I can't decorate for Easter until the paint cans are in the garage.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Chris Kenner said...

you are one busy lady! I am tired just reading this! Glad you got some cribbage time in too. See you tomorrow... we are going to the antique show, too! I think we should head north to the Homegoods store as another outing sometime!

chris

Janice said...

Does that mean you can't even hang up your SPRING banner until the painting is done? I'm thinking this will be a year of touch up/repainting of rooms - we've been here 5 years already............hmmm.........or we just sell?!?! :)

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

It's all I can do to do my devotions and exercise before noon...I need an over-haul!
Can't wait to see all the goodies you've collected...anything special you need? I may have it, you know?!
Home tour soon!
Yeah for Sam (and you)!
Yeah for Danny (and you)!
Yeah for Fred (and you)!
See you soon!!