Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. Hubby and I invited my folks and my Dad's family over to our place for dinner. We had been wanting to have them come over this Summer and finally it came to together on Dad's birthday. We decided not to join them for dinner but wait on them for dinner. These special people all deserve some special treatment.
Hubby and I spent the day cooking and prepping. We had appetizers set out on the patio. The weather this September is perfect for the evening to begin outside and then come inside for dinner as it gets cooler.
My sister that is a Snapsister came by for a impromptu mini shoot during happy hour.
Thanks Jodi!
From the left, my Dad, Aunt Nelda, Uncle Darryl and Uncle Ed. Uncle John doesn't live here so he wasn't able to be at dinner. I hope Aunt Nelda got spoiled living with all those brothers!
Pictured below, Dad and Mom, Aunt Judy, Uncle Darryl, Aunt Nelda, Uncle Ed and Aunt Twyla.
Jodi sent me a shot of myself with Aunt Nelda, I'm not sure what was so funny but we're having a good laugh. I'm on duty so I've got the apron on and the timer in my hand. Oh, and I hadn't had any wine yet, definitely, on duty. Hubby was slaving away in the kitchen while I was yukking it up on the patio...
He's a saint.
We moved inside for dinner.
We served pumpkin roll and honeymoon bars with coffee for dessert. Hubby and I sat down and joined them for dessert. It was fun to give them a special night, celebrate my Dad and enjoy the beginning of Autumn.
*If you click on the picture, you'll be able to read the menu.







2 comments:
Lovely as usual...What a fun way to give your parents and their siblings a treat!
You guys do amazing work!
And I want to know how you did the brussel sprouts...
What a wonderful birthday gift! You put on a lovely event to be remembered and talked about for the rest of their lives! I love that you and Fred served them...you guys are awesome! And that photo of you is so you!!!!! love it!!
Wheat dishes??? Swooning! Grandpa was a wheat farmer and I have an affinity for anything wheat!
Beautiful!
Post a Comment