I'm curious about how you spend your snow day or days. I have a few questions for you.
1. Do you do serious housework?
I've talked to several people and one was painting, one was cleaning out all their kitchen cupboards and one was shampooing the carpets of their cars. I vacuumed today, does that count? I keep my laundry caught up, just in case the power goes out.
2. Puzzles and board games?
I've been begging Max to play banana gram with me, he will not.
3. Are you cooking and baking up a storm? Pun intended.
I make dinner in the morning so that if the power goes out I can just keep dinner warm on the wood stove. I baked M & M bars this morning. I usually get out the yeast for rolls or bread.
4. Do your kids get on your nerves?
I can neither confirm nor deny.
5. Are you a chronic news viewer?
I watch the news around 4 or 5 just to get an idea of what is going on outside my house.
Does fb count as news?
6. Are you tearing into a scrapbook project? Crafting your heart out?
I always think that I will but I don't have the pictures printed yet and it just seems like a lot of work to get everything out. I think the sinus infection has made me easily overwhelmed though.
7. Are you an emergency freak?
I know where our battery lantern is located and the batteries, candles have been located, I keep a pile of firewood in the house, and of course, dinner is made in the morning. I keep canned soup and instant oatmeal in the house in the winter. Does that count?
8. Are you content to be home?
Oh, yes, I am.
9. Do you watch movies, television, or netflicks?
Shelly got me started on Downton Abbey and now I am hooked.
10. Do you think the snow is beautiful or just irritating?
I LOVE snow! It's so pretty and exciting and great. That said I do understand that people who have to work outside such as farmers may not feel the same way.
3 comments:
1. No -- fortunately, I cleaned my house Saturday, otherwise I might.
2.I played Scrabble by myself last night. Daisie isn't good at it. The Farmer is in Ohio.
3. No Farmer, no cooking and baking. I make myself a hot 6wk bran muffin in the microwave every day tho.
4. Daisie is bored, and a bit demanding.
5. I am constantly listening, watching or fbooking for news.Also frequent checks of weather websites.
6.Half-heartedly working on my scrapbook...prefer reading.
7.Oh yes!! I boiled eggs for powerless protein, and spent most of yesterday looking for my missing battery lantern. I've reviewed the generator instructions, and located all the flashlights & candles.
8. Me too! Love it!
9. Been watching Downton Abbey as well, and murder mysteries.
10. I love snow, and a good storm! But I have to admit that without the internet, my tv, and all my powered gadgets, I might not like it as much.
1. Not lately. I did start taking down my Christmas stuff today though. It amazes me what different standards myself and those other people have!
2. Puzzles yes, because I can do them by myself...board games, no, because no one will play with me :/ Brian will play card games though.
3. Made some cookies yesterday, but that's about it. I hardly make dinner, thanks to dear friends such as yourself!
4.Absolutely!!!! But they make me laugh too!
5.I'm pretty tired of the news, but still check it often.
6.I've been working on some stitching; have read 12 books in 18 days; and watched every season of Lark Rise to Candleford, which I highly recommend!
7.My goal is to always be prepared, which really means having gallons of water stored so I can flush the toilet.
8.I LOVE being home...my favorite place to be!
9. Refer back to #6! I'm hearing great things about Downtown Abby.
10.Love the snow, love the fire, love the quilts and laziness of it all. And soup. I love soup on a cozy day.
Wow I was just going to leave a comment but now feel compelled to answer the questions so I don't get a failing grade. So here goes...
1. No. Laundry, dishes, normal housework (or maybe less...)
2. Maybe today. Archer will if I ask.
3. No. Just regular cooking/baking. Archer did allow brownies (from a box) and since he's the wrestler he dictates if there is crap food in the house. :)
4. Nope. Husband maybe, kid no.
5. Nope. No news is good news. I do check the weather on occasion.
6. No. None of that. Ditto on it seems like a lot of work to get the stuff out.
7. No. I do have a battery lantern but I haven't checked it and there is a big supply of beer on the back porch.
8. YUP! (had to work yesterday but today...home sweet home)
9. Obviously...(see all above answers). Current obsession is Damages. Downtown Abbey was a favorite a bit ago. :)
10. Beautiful. Love it. Irritating to have to go out in. Keep me in thanks!
Enjoy! Hope you're feeling better! :)
Post a Comment