Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Ginger Cookies
Ginger Snaps
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 T. ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Cream shortening and sugar until light. Beat in the egg and molasses. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Roll in balls the size of walnuts, roll in sugar* and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Unless you want crunchy cookies, then bake longer.
*I used regular white sugar and big crystal sugar.
This cookie recipe comes from my Mom. No matter how many times I bake them my guys always tell me that my cookies are not as good as Grandma's ginger cookies. She makes them for the grandkids if they're sick, she puts them in college and military care packages, she makes them for son-in-laws when they clean the gutters. They are a treat! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pretty photo!
can't wait to smell these baking in my kitchen - thanks for sharing! I love ginger cookies!
Post a Comment