- 2 sticks Salted Butter- At Room Temperature
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 3-¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 4 packages (1 Oz. Packets, NOT Sugar-free) Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Each White, Milk, And Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips - I used 3/4 cup each and it is plenty.
Preparation Instructions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients in 3 to 4 parts, making sure all is incorporated. Fold in chips. Chill the dough for an hour or so. Use a 1/4 cup as a scoop to scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
I found this recipe on Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site this morning and since it was pouring rain the thought of hot cocoa was appealing. I had a hodge podge of hot chocolate packet left from last winter and I combined them. Luckily for me it worked.
These cookies were a hit with the guys, baked and as dough. They will be great packed in lunches to take to Mt. Baker this ski season.
4 comments:
Emily would love those - she is such a chocoholic! They remind me of the otis spunkmyer cookies the hotel gave us when we checked in Sun pm.
These look great...glad for the endorsement. Maybe I'll get something made today!!
Glad to see Max is (was)stil playing football!!
P.S. Tyler liked your comment!
Made them today! Very, very good!
Needed to use some of those cocoa pkgs that I bought in big box at Costco--Recipe is a keeper!!
Thanks for sharing this recipe, Tami! I'll put it in the file to be used later for the baking project. And I'll be sure to give you credit for it when I do. :)
Post a Comment