Sometimes I go through hard times. Times where I can't find a good book. Lately I have had a bonanza of good books. Good times.
New authors are a gamble, but here are a few that are worth taking. Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. I mentioned this book a bit ago. A sad, sweet story of a young girl. I loved it and Jerrie did too. I passed it on to her and then told her- Don't tell me if you don't like it cuz that would break my heart I loved it so much.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett was on my request list at the library. A friend told me her book club had read it and enjoyed it and then I got notice that it was in at the library, I jumped right in. I felt like I was there, in the story, so scared for these women and so proud of their courage. It was one of those books that I wanted it to just go on and on. If you didn't like it don't tell me cuz that would break my heart I loved it so much!
The Icing on the Cupcake by Jennifer Ross, another new author, is light reading. Chick Lit with recipes. Sometimes I need a light, fun read and this was a sweet story with even sweeter recipes. I think Max and Hubby are having cupcakes for their birthday treats this week. Have you ever used potato starch for baking? Just curious. I may have to buy it for the cupcake recipes.
I also read Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. She is a veteran author and makes it easy for the reader see her story. This story is one that no one ever wants to see. She is a good story teller though and it was hard to put down this book.
While cruising I read Reunion by Elizabeth Berg. Just an easy going read about a class reunion and expectations. It reminded me of why I don't like class reunions. I feel bad for people that have such high hopes. It did have some good characters and some were developed nicely by Berg.
A vacation and a cold led to some reading time for me. Also, it's how I relax and fall asleep every night. Happy Reading!
Having blogger probs this morning... so here goes...again.
Oh! for the love of pete, once more... lines in wrong places. I am sorry.
3 comments:
I loved the Help too, such a great story!
I love it when I get a streak of good books...except the bad streak usually follows. It should be 5 good ones to 1 bad one!!!
I loved the Help, am waiting for Cee Cee, and I love Elizabeth Berg-some of her books more than others. I'll have to keep an eye out for the others.
No help on the potato starch, but keep us posted!!! hope you're feeling better!
I've had a streak of good books too...some light reading (catching up with Alex Delaware - I had been neglecting him for the past few years...) as well.
Loved Cee Cee...good stuff there!
Jesse Kellerman is a good author - following in mom and dad's foot steps. :)
Happy Reading!
Post a Comment