I brought Holly a hostess gift, maybe the strangest hostess gift ever. I found a wooden ironing board at a garage sale and had picked it up for Holly. We tried it out and it works just fine. We did not intentionally dress alike for this impromptu photo shoot.
Friday night was the fundraiser for Cash, and it was amazing. I could feel the LoVe of HIS people for Jack and Wendy and their family.
I have done a bit of thrifting this week and found a marble vase for my peonies. Hubby and I found a set of eight glasses and 3 small tumblers on Saturday morning. Travel theme! I loved them and planned to use them on the patio this summer until I researched them a bit. They may be too valuable for casual dining, actually they may be too valuable for me. I do love them tho.
On Saturday I baked a Rhubarb Custard Cake. And an Earthquake Cake, a naughty good chocolate concoction. Since it was Hubby's and Max's birthday week, I was bringing dessert to my folks on Sunday and I thought I'd give a choice. A selection, if you will, of desserts.
On Sunday, Max's 17th birthday, Kassie baked him a birthday cake too. CRX birthday cakes! The little yellow one looks just like his CRX except Kassie put on personalized license plates. So clever! He won't let us eat them.
A nice weekend, make that a WEEK celebrating the birthdays. We went to Anthony's on Hubby's day for both of their birthdays and then just kept on celebrating.
Today was back to boot camp and eat less, move more. But oh my, it was fun! While it lasted.
3 comments:
Smart girl - she must know.............Food+Max=LOVE!! :-) It was fun to catch up with you all briefly on Thur. Next scrappin' night I'm coming the WHOLE evening and actually working on something! I think the rhubarb dessert is a recipe you need to share!!
Tami,
that is the greatest hostess gift!! WOW~bet she loved it and how fun that ya'll get together for scrapbooking, great car cakes too!!!
Tell me...the top picture-who is it a good picture of? Other than that sounds like a pretty great weekend. The travel glasses are fantastic!! Thanks for your help on the Cash teams Relay for Life Luminary bags:)
Post a Comment